Monday 15 April 2013

Otford and North Downs walk


Last week I managed three 2 mile walks – I had to go into the office twice so didn’t manage to fit in a walk on those days. Continuing with our aim to get up out of our chairs and do more exercise we went for another long walk on Saturday. The details can be found here on the Kent CC website .
The website says its 5.3miles but the GPS on my walking app showed 5.9miles (and we cut off the top right corner) actually felt about 50miles. 


The ground underfoot was muddy it was VERY hilly, at around the 1.5 mile mark there are around 145 steps to climb – these were a killer as they come after walking up an incline and then you are faced with these awful steps – cardio work out – I was gasping, but the views were lovely once we got to the top, the Kent countryside is wonderful. We passed a few glades with blue bells but not in flower – sadly.

 



Views over to the cross commentorating the casualties of WWI.  


The trees are still very brown and leafless but the moss and fungi seem to like the damp shady conditions.

 
Have you been for a walk?
 

MummyHen X

3 comments:

  1. Hello MummyHen
    Gosh! I just need to do more of that...walking that is! We do manage to get out for an hour's walk about 3 nights a week. Yes,nights my husband likes the evenings for walking while I like the mornings. Doesn't make much difference though scenery wise as we are in the city. However when we go to the beach I insist it must be mornings.
    Your walk looks delightful though I mean what a walk should look like even if it is still very damp and chilly.


    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we need to do more of that too.

    The North Downs look great.

    May I ask which website works out your route/calories?

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A long walk and uphill ... and with steps? You should feel great now.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete