Friday 3 August 2012

Friday in the coop

DaddyHen does the main supermarket shop on a Friday morning.  I try and ensure I finish work early or at a minimum limit the number of meetings – I need the time to wind down after a hectic week.

I popped into the CoOp first thing to see if they had any bargains; oh yes they didn’t let me down– chicken kebabs marked down from £3.00 to £1.45 and asparagus down from £2.10 to £0.99p.



SonnyHen has been asking me for ages to make cheesy bread – so his wish is my command; - after trying to look for a suitable recipe I decided to adapt my regular white bread recipe and add a couple of cups of grated strong cheddar cheese, 2 tbls caraway seeds and 2 tbls of tarragon – I will let you know how I get on – it’s in the oven at the moment proving.



Two of my girls - yes, I keep five hens (well I’d didn’t get the name MummyHen for nothing) are broody again.  They are Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons named Linda (after my Mum) and Betty (my aunt; mums sister).  I don’t have a cockerel so no point in them sitting on eggs – they'll go into the broody cage for 48hrs
 
Not sure what the weekend offers – nothing planned except perhaps some Olympic viewing and some crochet



MummyHen X


No comments:

Post a Comment