Wednesday 2 January 2013


Goals for 2013…

The last six months have been very revealing, challenging and something we should have done years ago.  I know this all sound like a cliché but it’s true; we should have done this years ago.

So what will 2013 hold - who knows - but we will be doing the following, 13 goals for 2013:

1.    Continue to spend less on food – we have now got into the habit of looking for bargains (DaddyHen says I’m obsessed with Yellow price reduction stickers).   Stock up on non-perishable items when they are on offer.

2.    Sealed Pot Challenge – see SFT SFT Sealed Pot Challenge for details;  I have been saving £2 coins and £5 notes (for some reason never get many of either of these) since May 2012, which will all go towards Sealed Pot Challenge.  I need to find a suitable pot as the jar I’m using is only small.

3.    No spending on credit cards.

4.    Finish CC#2 –  August.

5.    Start snowballing on CC#4 - September.

6.    Finish car loan – November.

7.    Finish CC#3 – December.

8.    Increase Emergency fund by £2,000 by year end.

9.    We will be losing weight - for me it’s been a battle for years, and is not helped by medication, but I am stone and half (21 pounds) lighter than I was this time last year. 

10.  Don’t start new knitting or crochet projects until the WIPs (Work in Progress) are finished – this is going to be tough.  I have a massive stash of yarn – I recently gave a huge bag to my mother and her sisters as they knit for charity and today sent over 2kgs of yarn to Frugal Mummy after her ask.

11.  Giving something back – Our local foodbank is based around the corner at the church and we’d like to volunteer, either in time, food or money.  DaddyHen & I went just before Christmas and spoke to the pastor to get an idea what involved. 

12.  Only buy what we need NOT what we want.

13.  Declutter & get rid of stuff – stuff we have so much stuff that we don’t use anymore or are unlikely to every use again, the house is full of it.  Sell it, if its saleable; or give to Charity Shop or freecycle.

OK there are Hens household goals for 2013

What will you be doing this year?

 


MummyHen X

 

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you every success in achieving all your goals this year. Some sound tough, especially the WIPs, but I'm sure you're the woman for the job.

    Happy New Year Mummyhen.

    Arwedd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic and well thought out list.

    Good luck!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete