Goals for 2013…
The last six months have been very revealing, challenging and something we should have done years ago. I know this all sound like a cliché but it’s true; we should have done this years ago.
So what will 2013 hold - who knows - but we will be doing the following, 13 goals for 2013:
1. Continue to spend less on food – we have now got into the habit of looking for bargains (DaddyHen says I’m obsessed with Yellow price reduction stickers). Stock up on non-perishable items when they are on offer.
2. Sealed Pot Challenge – see SFT SFT Sealed Pot Challenge for details; I have been saving £2 coins and £5 notes (for some reason never get many of either of these) since May 2012, which will all go towards Sealed Pot Challenge. I need to find a suitable pot as the jar I’m using is only small.
3. No spending on credit cards.
4. Finish CC#2 – August.
5. Start snowballing on CC#4 - September.
6. Finish car loan – November.
7. Finish CC#3 – December.
8. Increase Emergency fund by £2,000 by year end.
9. We will be losing weight - for me it’s been a battle for years, and is not helped by medication, but I am stone and half (21 pounds) lighter than I was this time last year.
10. Don’t start new knitting or crochet projects until the WIPs (Work in Progress) are finished – this is going to be tough. I have a massive stash of yarn – I recently gave a huge bag to my mother and her sisters as they knit for charity and today sent over 2kgs of yarn to Frugal Mummy after her ask.
11. Giving something back – Our local foodbank is based around the corner at the church and we’d like to volunteer, either in time, food or money. DaddyHen & I went just before Christmas and spoke to the pastor to get an idea what involved.
12. Only buy what we need NOT what we want.
13. Declutter & get rid of stuff – stuff we have so much stuff that we don’t use anymore or are unlikely to every use again, the house is full of it. Sell it, if its saleable; or give to Charity Shop or freecycle.
OK there are Hens household goals for 2013
What will you be doing this year?