Sunday 17 November 2013

Gifts, awards and cakes

Busy busy at work – but then as we near year end there is always heaps to do.  I received a lovely box of expensive chocolates – to be honest I would have preferred something else I’m not really a chocy person; don’t get me wrong I really enjoy a chocolate desert but not into eating chocolates – boy I sound ungrateful – I’m not; they have been put in the Christmas box and I’m sure we will all enjoy them at Christmas, That was on Tuesday then on Friday I received a recognition award – formal company recognition award from one of the General Managers – Dinner for Two.  I’m really pleased.  I do work hard (DH says too hard), I get paid well so receiving this is lovely.

Question is now where do we go – no value has been mentioned - I need to ask as I don’t want to be extravagant but on the other hand don’t want to spend £50 and for them to say ah you could have spent £100.  I was told to choose a ‘nice’ restaurant – what does that mean?!

A colleague knows that I always make Christmas cakes and recommended Nigel Slaters Christmas cake – not tried that one before – it came out looking really good; I had trouble getting ground almonds; perhaps there's a shortage both Mr T and Mr S had none, DH ground some for me - I had whole almonds in the cupboard.


I will be away in Holland all this coming week – and I decided to take a Christmas Cake with me 

it sounded like a good idea at the time but carrying a cake in hand luggage – umm maybe not such a great idea; I did check with the airline and the airport and both said it was ok.

MummyHen X

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award!!
    I've always made Delia's Christmas cake but perhaps a change would be a good idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, but then knew it would be - you are so clever!

    ReplyDelete