Sunday 3 March 2013

Ta dah Granny square patchwork blanket…


With everything that’s been going on with Little Cat I’d forgotten to show you my finished granny square patchwork blanket.  Well here it is –
 

It’s all Stylecraft Special DK, its 25 x 27 squares, each square is 3 rounds and it fits my king size bed with plenty of overhang on each side, I used the JAYG (join as you go) method of joining the squares together.

 

The boarder is 8 rounds; 4 rounds of granny, 2 rounds of double, 1 round of popcorn, 1 round of granny with long centre stitch and a final round of 2 trebles 2 chain 2 trebles all in the same space.

 

I’m already planning the next blanket – I do love to crochet but I prefer to crochet something with a purpose.  In the meantime I’m making a smaller blanket again out of Stylecraft Special DK but with all the different colours I have in my stash.

 

Here’s the progress so far – still have another 5 colours to go – not sure whether to do join them randomly or do a row of each colour – umm will have to think about it.
 

MummyHen X

 

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful,very impressive. Certainly something to treasure!

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, its just beautiful - I wanna one, I wanna one!! I prefer random to rows but then that just explains how my head works! I have now found 2 other people in France that want to learn to crochet - we need a club leader if you are interested?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its fab! I noticed your kitty has found it and seems to like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blanket. I'm glad to know it fits your king size bed as that's what I'm aiming for. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you get such a wonderful colour palette if you joined as you go? I mean the colours are wonderfully spaced. I would be a nervous wreck!

    ReplyDelete